Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snowpeas and Snapdragons


I have been out in the garden a bit today, getting my hands dirty fixing up the area that had been abandoned by the previous tenants here. A lovely jasmine had collapsed on it's trellis, which has been tied back up; and I have planted some snow-pea seedlings along a wall near our back door. Hopefully they will reach their little tendrils skywards and produce some yummy crisp peas for my stirfries in 2009. Snapdragons have once again found their way into my garden - I think it's the irresistable urge to pinch in the flowers to make them "snap", from when I was a little girl. I have also done some sewing of a different sort - tomatilloes (green tomatoes) and dill seeds, which will hopefully produce some yummy goodness in the weeks to come.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

its looking good! im sure all the rain helped too...
hey I love your blog banner - so fun!!

Chrisy said...

Yes I remember snapping those snapdragons together...they say you can't remember smells..but I can still smell them!