Saturday, August 9, 2008

Gearing up for a Big Two Weeks

That's right, the Big Two Weeks coming up will see me creating lots of new items for my Etsy store. I have been lucky enough to come across some children's clothing pattern books from the 50's, 60's and 70's and I have been enthused and heartened by the lovely vintage designs. It has really inspired me to create new designs and look for interesting fabrics.

Since the supermarket sweep of the last two weeks, when I have Etsyfinds to thank for sending many eco-friendly grocery shopping people my way, I have been inspired also for a new range of calico shopping bags. So you will see these in my store too - NeverEver has never looked so full of cute designs (or just so full, hehe.)

Past readers will be pleased to know that Jack Black the fussy fish has been put back in his place. A new kind of food that TASTES like brine shrimp but isn't anywhere near as expensive or tricky to administer has proved successful, after a few days of stubbornness on his part.

The Olympics! I have heard so many differing opinions on this subject recently, varying greatly from the "Complete waste of money" school to the " Best thing since Athens" variety. I am somewhere around the "Every moment with a slight emotional connection makes me a bawling wreck" mark. Even the moving, heart-wrenching ADS are getting me teary. Today, Day One, I have cried at a Thai weightlifter who couldn't stand still for a split-second long enough, a Spanish cyclist winning, and MacDonalds ad. What chance have I got when it gets to the finals and people of my own country being the ones dishing out the emotional power? None! I love it.

No comments: