Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Lazy Day At Home
















This week, my sewing skills and expertise have been extended - I have been very busy working on an unusual project. She is a large rag doll for a dance company. She was an interesting challenge!


I am pleased with how she turned out. She hasn't got a dress yet, but it will come!

This week the Melbourne Comedy Festival has been on. Sadly, Ross Noble, my favourite and

first choice was sold out, but not to be deterred we got tickets for Nina Conti, a great UK comedian who is a ventriloquist. Now the image that springs to mind on hearing the word "ventriloquist" is a creepy one, I'll admit. But the puppets Conti uses are super cute (in appearance, at least ) and I enjoyed her show immensely.


I am enjoying Food Safari on SBS so much lately that I have made Wednesday nights "Experimental Cooking Nights", ie. cook something from a book or magazine cutting that you have never made before! I think of it as a useful expansion to my Recipe Culling 101, which is still slowly going! Last night was a combination of Jamie Oliver and 1080 Recipes, the classic Spanish tome (that is the only word suitable for such a weighty book!). Jamie provided us with chargrilled BBQ pork fillet, and 1080 gave us rice with beans, capsicum and onion. Accompanied with corn on the cob, it was a delicious, satisfying soul food meal. Yum! And all made whilst watching George Columbaris of the Press Club, one of our favourite restaurants, work his magic on Food Safari.

It's getting cooler here which means the joys of winter plants in my little garden. Yesterday I stocked up on primulas, foxgloves, pansies and some more herbs for my ever-expanding collection. I am itching to get outside and plant them so this edition of blog is finished!

No comments: