Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Learning the Art of Restraint

As the flat I have just moved into is the size of a handkerchief, I made a resolution to get rid of any Non Essential Junk. Of course I don't have any. What I do have is a giant folder of cut-out recipes from magazines and newspapers (I have a dreadful habit.) So my first concession to streamlined living is to implement a Ruthless Recipe Culling Program, the aim being to throw away any recipes that are tasteless, boring, involve too many ingredients or require the skills of Jamie Oliver. This means that, one by one, I will cook each meal from the folder. If it makes the grade (only above 7/10, as decided by my gentleman lover) it will be stuck into my special blank-diary recipe book, where only classics may go. If not, it makes the recycling bin. Tough but fair, I say; my house has no room for dull and boring recipes!

In other news, I am having difficulty pulling myself away from my laptop for long enough to actually sit down and do some Hard Work. I get engrossed in the Etsy forums and just looking at the sheer amount of beautiful things to buy. I need to stop! Or my things will never get made!

1 comment:

Lonie said...

Hi Emma,
I stopped by after spying your cute apple hearts outfit on etsy. It's nice to see another new face. Good luck with the recipe culling - it sounds like a very slow (but hopefully yummy) way to clean up!